Creating Calendar folder via IMAP directly?

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Thu Feb 2 15:44:10 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm still in the process of fine-tuning our migration setup from SLOX 4.1
to Kolab 2.0.3. Transfer of the account data as well as mail works
beautifully at this moment (I'll put the script on the Wiki soon). Right
now, I'm left with one problem: Our policy is that all Calendar folders
have to be world-readable. My idea was to let the script create a
Calendar folder with the correct permissions during the account/mail
transfer. The creation as such works and initially, it looked like that
folder would be accepted by kontact (proko2.0.6) - on the very first sync,
the existing "Calendar" folder was detected and I was prompted whether to
use it and to create the missing folders.

However, at the first restart of kontact (after the next login), it
complained that there was *no* Calendar folder and created a new one -
promptly causing the next sync to fail, as there already was one on the
server.

Now I'm wondering whether my method or creating the Calendar folder
beforehand is such a good idea... I could of course easily run a script
setting the permissions at any time I like, but having them set correctly
right at the beginning seemed so much more elegant... :-}

As usual, any inisight is appreciated!

Cheerio,

Thomas