Horde not working with my Kolab

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos skonstant at sgul.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 12:34:21 CET 2006

Hello,

I managed to set up Horde as a client for my Kolab server, with no database at
all! I retrieved the CVS and followed most of the instructions in the Kolab
wiki, minus the database setup.

The database did not seem necessary, only for the "DataTree", what is that?

The preferences are stored in the LDAP of Kolab, I had to add the horde schema
to the openldap configuration file.

Now I have trouble with all the groupware applications: Turba, Kronolith and
Mnemo. They are all set up to use Kolab but do not seem to be able to read
the groupware mailboxes. The error messages are not meaningful ate all, stuff
like: "Cannot move calendar folder Calendar to Contacts, folder already
exists"...

All the folders already exist and should be annotated properly because they
were initiated either by Kontact or Tolltec.

And more errors like that...

Now I removed all horde apps keeping only email (IMP) and filters (INGO) which
work ok for me now.

Is there anything else that works for sure? I thought global ldap addressbook
(with turba) should work but it does not seem to.

Is there an issue with localisation actually? I access Kolab with Horde in
French but the folders have been created in English by Kolab, which seems to
be the right way to go: folder name in C locale, then translated on the fly
by any client, Horde seems to expect the folder name in French, that's odd.

Another problem, irrelevant to Kolab but maybe you can help: horde does not
understand it is being accessed via https by the browser because I have a
Squid reverse proxy that talks to it in http, this prevents it from letting
me upload PGP keys, I had to comment out the test for secure connection to
make it work. Any ideas?

I sure need to digg more into it, but I wanted to hear some success stories
here, anybody lucky?

Thanks,
--
Stéphane Konstantaropoulos <skonstant at sgul.ac.uk>