problem removing user

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Dec 5 12:30:08 CET 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 08:23, Corne wrote:
> I am running kolab 2.0.3

Note that Kolab Server 2.0.4 + security patches is current.
You should consider an upgrade.

> I have successfully removed a user from the web interface a couple of weeks
> ago but this staff member was reemployed yesterday, Now the problem is that
> I am able to create the user but I can't send mail to the user.
>
> I have exported that LDAP database and the cyrus database and the user is
> in there and all the parameters is correct, I have checked that the users
> directory is created in /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/$domain/users/ and it
> is there but when I try to send to this user the mail gets deferred by
> postfix with the following error:
>
> Nov 30 09:03:27 kolab.man-sa.co.za <info> postfix/pipe[18996]: ACAC11CC047:
> to=<user at domain.com>, relay=kolabmailboxfilter, delay=0, status=bounced
> (service unavailable. Command output: Failed to set recipient: Invalid
> response code received from server, code 550 )
>
> What else can I look at ?

Use cyradm to check that the user is known to cyrus.
It might be possible that kolabd got confused, it has a cache.
You can try creating the mailbox with cyradm to see if stuff works.
Also check the quota of the user.

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)