The concept of delegates...

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Wed Aug 30 11:27:56 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm wondering about the concept of "delegates". From reading doc2.sxw, I
always assumed that the Kolab server would reject mails I send out if I use
an identity that I'm not a delegate of. However, I just ran a few experiments
out of curiousity, and to my surprise, I can just enter what I want for
"From:" in KMail's composer dialog - even non-existing or external addresses.
The mails will be sent and they will arrive with the fictional identity I
entered in the "From:" field. Hence, I wonder whether I severely
misunderstood something and I just have to ask: What *is* the use of
delegates?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas