proftp error LDAPHomedirOnDemand

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Aug 22 09:38:19 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 10. Juli 2006 19:05 schrieb Tô:
> As far as I am concerned, proftpd is not absolutely necessary to run a
> Kolab server. (and I don't know exactly whatfor it is usefull ;o))

Proftpd came with Kolab 1 Server to offer storage for the freebusy lists
for old Outlook clients. In Kolab 2 Server, the freebusy list is generated
on the server itself, thus the ftp server is not necessary anymore.
It is kept as a legacy possibility and is turned off by default.
Unless you specifically enabled it, you could as well turn it off
completely.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)