Group calendar + attendees (Outlook + toltec)

Chuck Dand chuckd at kooked.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 02:04:40 CEST 2006

Firstly this question may be more appropriately asked in a toltec
specific forum, so if I'm asking the wrong people I apologise.

We have a kolab install (2.0.3, on Gentoo, using openpkg not portage) on
which we have set up 4 test users connecting from outlook (2000, 2003,
and XP) using the toltec connector.

What we are trying to achieve is a shared calendar that any of the users
are able to add a meeting to the calendar with a number of attendees.
Creating the meeting works fine, and the attendees receive an invitation
and are able to accept/decline. The event organiser receives an email as
to the acceptance of the meeting. However the status in the calendar
event does not change. Firstly I've noticed that the confirmation reply
received by the organiser reports that the event is no longer in the
calendar. Secondly outlook complains about not being able to tally the
replies when the event is created. Unfortunately I'm not in front of the
system right now to report the exact message from outlook.

Is this behaviour that is specific to using kolab + outlook + toltec or
is this something that happens when using an Exchange Server as well?
Unfortunately we don't currently have access to an Exchange server to
test out what happens in that situation?

What I'm basically getting at is, is it possible to have either a shared
or group calendar in which the whole invitation, attendees and status
displayed in the calendar work such that the attendees status is updated
when they accept/decline. Is there something that I could have missed
out in the setup? (Note. it works fine for individual calendars, just
not shared/group calendars)

Finally, can anyone clarify the purpose of the group and resource
account types and how they differ from user/internal user accounts? I
realise that this is something that is missing from the Wiki, but was
just wondering if anyone here could offer an explanation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Chuck Dand