Kolab compared to plain Cyrus

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 9 00:12:12 CEST 2006

Am Montag, 7. August 2006 09:59 schrieb Ger Apeldoorn:
> One thing I dont like about Toltec: It creates its own Inbox. It downloads
> the IMAP INBOX and stores the messages in INBOX\Inbox. Because it is by
> default configured to sync only if the folder is opened, people who use the
> webmail do not have the mail recently received by Outlook because it is not
> synced back yet. This is not very well thought of imho.

As far as I know, this is not a fault of Toltec but an Outlook difficulty.
If you want to use the iCalendar handling capabilities of Outlook
you need to use the pop3 code.

BTW: The mailbox delivery option users can activate over the webadmininterface
is designed to work around this limitation somewhat, as it will forward
all non-iCalendar email into a subfolder on the server.

> Furthermore, if one is authorized access to another persons mailbox, the
> whole mailbox is downloaded and put into the .pst file of the authorized
> person.

Needed for offline support.

> Otherwise, sharing works. I havent tried Konsec because Toltec was
> recommended by the Kolab project and the price was right.

During the proko2 contract, the quality control was done with Toltec.
Otherwise the Kolab project itself is neutral on the Outlook extensions,
some users report more success with one or the other.

Bernhard