Kolab compared to plain Cyrus

Michael Pasdziernik michael at pasdziernik.net
Mon Aug 7 09:48:23 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 2. August 2006 11:19 schrieb Thomas Arendsen Hein:
> * Alex Chejlyk <alex at swiftnetcomputers.biz> [20060801 14:35]:
> > Michael Pasdziernik wrote:
> > > As I understand both Toltec and Kontact can use plain cyrus for pim,
> > > what features are are available only by kolab?
> >
> > Cyrus is part of Kolab. It is not a valid comparison as Kolab has
> > anti-virus, anti-spam, ldap, sieve, postfix, apache, webdav, and a web
> > interface for administration.
>
> Additionally the Kolab server generates free/busy lists for you and
> can handle automatic accepting or rejecting of invitations (useful
> for resource accounts like meeting rooms, mobile hardware and such).
>
> And Kolab is preconfigured to give you a secure environment where
> you can be sure that a mail appearing to be from the local domain
> really is from the local domain _and_ nobody inside this domain can
> fake the address of others, unless they are configured as a delegate
> for this account or unless you disable this feature via the web
> interface.
>
> If you use the OpenPKG based installation, installing a working mail
> server is very easy, even if you want/need a multi-server setup.
>
> Thomas

Thank you for the answers. I've made some tests and read through the
documentation and I am really impressed.
Are there experiences with syncing Windows Mobile 5 with Active Sync
4.1/Outlook 2003? Which connector is better for syncing, toltec or konsec?
Are there problems using toltec, konsec and kontact together?

Michael