razor, pyzor, dcc, etc.

Andreas Micklei andreas.micklei at ivistar.de
Wed Aug 2 10:24:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 2. August 2006 07:54 schrieb Ger Apeldoorn:
> Op dinsdag 1 augustus 2006 17:01, schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > > I would like to configure Spamassassin to do distributed hash checking
> > > via razor, etc. Is there anything special I need to take care of
> > > regarding kolab, openpkg, amavisd? Anybody else running such a
> > > configuration?
> >
> > This type of setup and it is indeed very effective concerning the
> > amount of spam that is being identified. I use it for the Kolab
> > version on Gentoo.
> >
> > While there might be some minor differences (mainly concerning the
> > paths involved - the Gentoo version does not use the /kolab subdir)
> > you might find some information on this page:
> >
> > http://projects.pardus.de/kolab/wiki/UseFlagSpam
> >
> > The amavisd template file needs to be modified to activate remote
> > testing:
>
> (/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/amavisd.conf.template)
>
> > $sa_local_tests_only = 0;

Btw. I have already done that. Enabling those other network tests.

> > And then you need additional templates for spamassassin:
> >
> > http://projects.pardus.de/kolab/browser/ebuilds/net-mail/kolabd/files/loc
> >al .cf.template
> > http://projects.pardus.de/kolab/browser/ebuilds/net-mail/kolabd/files/v31
> >0. pre.template
>
> Gunnar: Will these files preload the plugin? This is where I went wrong.
>
> Andreas: Dont forget to run kolabconf after changing templates.

Yes, of course.

> I increased the razor2 score by adding:
> score RAZOR2_CHECK 2.500
> to local.cf.template

Ok. I consider doing this for the Bayes filter as well. I am useing a setup
with shared spam and ham folders as suggested in the WIKI. Really nice.

> You probably need to need to install the Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
> Perl module.
> --------------------%<------------------------
> cpan
> install Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2

Ahhhh! Now this is where it gets interesting. I thought that I probably need
to recompile packages or something. Unfortunately I am not a perl Guru. So I
just have to opa into the kolab environment and use cpan there to get Razor2
support? I will try it this evening.

> Good luck!

Thanks.

bye,