razor, pyzor, dcc, etc.

Ger Apeldoorn g.apeldoorn at argoss.nl
Wed Aug 2 07:54:01 CEST 2006

Op dinsdag 1 augustus 2006 17:01, schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> > I would like to configure Spamassassin to do distributed hash checking
> > via razor, etc. Is there anything special I need to take care of
> > regarding kolab, openpkg, amavisd? Anybody else running such a
> > configuration?
>
> This type of setup and it is indeed very effective concerning the
> amount of spam that is being identified. I use it for the Kolab
> version on Gentoo.
>
> While there might be some minor differences (mainly concerning the
> paths involved - the Gentoo version does not use the /kolab subdir)
> you might find some information on this page:
>
> http://projects.pardus.de/kolab/wiki/UseFlagSpam
>
> The amavisd template file needs to be modified to activate remote testing:

(/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/amavisd.conf.template)
> $sa_local_tests_only = 0;
>
> And then you need additional templates for spamassassin:
>
> http://projects.pardus.de/kolab/browser/ebuilds/net-mail/kolabd/files/local
>.cf.template
> http://projects.pardus.de/kolab/browser/ebuilds/net-mail/kolabd/files/v310.
>pre.template

Gunnar: Will these files preload the plugin? This is where I went wrong.

Andreas: Dont forget to run kolabconf after changing templates.

I increased the razor2 score by adding:
score RAZOR2_CHECK 2.500
to local.cf.template

You probably need to need to install the Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2
Perl module.
cpan
install Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2

Good luck!

Ger.