Delegates when using resource accounts

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Tue Aug 1 09:54:29 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I want to set up a resource account that accepts all invitations unless
there's a conflict. Also, our secretary must be allowed to overrule this
(some meetings are more important than others...).

The first part is easy. The second part seems to have a little catch: I
can make the secretary account a "delegate" for the resource, thus
enabling her to decline an invitation to the resource even after that
invitation was automatically accepted. The problem with this is that the
"decline" mail is now sent with the identity of the secretary - not that
of the resource account. This is very confusing for the organiser of the
event who suddenly gets a decline from a person he never invited.
I can add a new identity to the secretary account to reflect the resource
account identity, but that identity is only used if I first set it to
"Default". That seems cumbersome and is thus undesired.

Does anybody know an easier way?

Thanks,

Thomas