Strange problems bootstrapping 2.0.3

Michael Leupold leupold at leunet.de
Sat Apr 29 18:07:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just recently downloaded kolab 2.0.3 (sources), compiled and installed them
on a Debian 3.1 stable system inside a virtual machine. Now I'm having with
some services after bootstrapping and can't figure out why.

So far I have the following issues:
1. /kolab/etc/apache/apache.local is not created. This makes apache fail to
start. Creating an empty file fixes this, but nevertheless it seems strange.
The template (httpd.local.template) is there. Maybe this is an issue with
mtimes? How does kolabconf figure out which config files to rewrite?

2. My /kolab/etc/imapd/imapd.conf contains the following:
admins:		kolab-r
defaultacl:	kolab-r lrswipcda
while kolab.globals tells me:
cyrus-admins : manager
I can't figure out why it reads kolab-r. I don't think the imap admin's
account name has been changed. Accordingly, with this setup, creating user
accounts just creates the account in ldap, no INBOX is created for the users
(Permission denied). This - as well - isn't fixed by kolabconf.

Things (maybe) out of the ordinary:
- I built imapd with an extra-switch: --with=murder
- I rebooted in between obmtool kolab and kolab_bootstrap (which I didn't on

I'd be really happy if someone could give me a hint as to where to look for
the conditions causing these errors. I was able to reproduce the errors by
cloning the respective virtual machines prior to kolab_bootstrap-ping.
I can't imagine anyone else is getting this error (else the issue tracker
would mention it), but I don't get what's wrong with my system.

Thanks and kind regards,
Michael