Apache problem with Perl Scripts from awstats

Jakob Boos jakob.boos at freenet.de
Tue Apr 18 19:34:15 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to get the log file analyzer awstats running on a Kolab server
instance (in a separated virtual host). When I try to access the
corrsponding Perl script awstats.pl, I get an internal server error 500. The
apache error logs says:

[error] [client 80.136.121.147] getpwuid: invalid userid -1
[error] exec of
/home/apache/web/info.mydomain.com/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl failed
[error] [client 80.136.121.147] Premature end of script headers:
/home/apache/web/info.mydomain/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

Googling gets me to the point that the error might be caused by unsufficient
or worng access rigthts. But when starting apache the log tells me that
suexec is enabled ("[notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
/kolab/sbin/suexec)"). But I can't find an suexec.log.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Which userid has to own the awstats
cgi-bin in order to work correctly (I tried kolab and kolab-n both as owner
and group).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jakob