Howto install Razor2 plugin for SpamAssassin?

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 13 23:39:44 CEST 2006

Op donderdag 13 april 2006 12:33, schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> > Are 'use flags' gentoo (build) specific or is it an extension to your
> > kolab?

<skipped the interesting part about gentoo compile flags>

> > Anyway, I think that the template for e.g. razor could be part of the
> > templates directory.  It would mean that the real config file will be
> > created.  It does not mean that e.g. razor must be installed.  In case
> > a distro (openpkg e.g.) does not use it, the TARGET could be /dev/null ;)
>
> I tend to disagree since there would be a number of nice extensions
> you could put into the templates directory (mailing list manager
> configuration, extended apache configuration etc.).

Indeed!

> But this will lead
> to some confusion if not all of the templates are actually necessary.

Maybe.

> Why not providing additional packages that could get installed as an
> add-on and would place their necessary configuration files into the
> etc/kolab/templates dir?

Packages are maintained on distribution level, while I would like to see a
more central approach.  Perhaps a directory addon/templates in the
kolabd/kolabd cvs repository directory.  It's than up to do the packages to
pick the template he/she wants to integrate with kolab.  The nice thing is
that the maintenance of the templates is done centrally.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless