AW: Languages don't work

Jakob Boos jakob.boos at freenet.de
Wed Apr 12 19:18:49 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 14:50 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 09:29 schrieb Jakob Boos:

> You probably did not follow the 1st.README file.

http://max.kde.org:8080/mirrors/ftp.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.
0.3/sources/1st.README

>   Make sure the locale you want to set is supported by your c-library.
>   Otherwise the webadmin interface might only be in English.

Thanks to Giovani, Thomas and Bernhard and mea culpa. I did a
dpkg-reconfigure as Thomas suggested (choosing all de_DE locales) and now it
works after a restart of the Kolab processes.

> > > Maybe this problem depends on your default locales of your
linuxdistro.
> > > Try to change your locales to de_de iso-8859-1

> It is not about the default locale, but about the supported locales.

> > Sorry, that makes no sense for me. The language should be a choice of
> > the user of the admin interface and not of the locale setting of the
server.

> It is the choice of the user, but the c-library must support the locale
the users wants.

Thanks for clarification. Now I've got it.

> When this is working for you,
> can you respond to the forums post, maybe adding a link to this email?

Yep

> Please, also refrain from sending windat attachments to the list.

Hope they are gone now.

Jakob