Languages don't work

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Apr 12 14:50:29 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 09:29 schrieb Jakob Boos:
> Am Dienstag 11 April 2006 20:21 schrieb Giovanni Baroni:
> > Jakob Boos schrieb:

> > > I installed Kolab server v2.0.3. I would like to switch the admin
> > > interface to german but this doesn't work. In the support forum I found
> > > one entry from August 2005 describing the same problem but without any
> > > answer. What went wrong during installation and setup?

You probably did not follow the 1st.README file.
http://max.kde.org:8080/mirrors/ftp.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.0.3/sources/1st.README

   Make sure the locale you want to set is supported by your c-library.
   Otherwise the webadmin interface might only be in English.

> > Maybe this problem depends on your default locales of your linuxdistro.
> > Try to change your locales to de_de iso-8859-1

It is not about the default locale, but about the supported locales.

> Sorry, that makes no sense for me. The language should be a choice of the
> user of the admin interface and not of the locale setting of the server.

It is the choice of the user, but the c-library must support the locale the
users wants.

When this is working for you,
can you respond to the forums post, maybe adding a link to this email?

Please, also refrain from sending windat attachments to the list.
Thanks,
 Bernhard

--
www.kolab-konsortium.com  Professional Maintenance, Consultancy and Support.