Bootstrapping doesnt work. OpenLDAP and BDB-problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Apr 10 19:37:58 CEST 2006

Hi Julius,
Am Donnerstag, 30. März 2006 16:32 schrieb Julius Maier:
> i want to install Kolab on my Server (64bit Intel, SuSE [SLES 9]).
> I tried several versions of kolab, but none worked for me.

> I downloaded the Sources from kolab-server-2.1-beta-1. Then I run
> ./obmtool kolab 2>&1 | tee kolab-build2.log
>
> Worked fine, no problems or missing packets (unlike to other
> kolab-versions).
>
> Then I went on with bootstrapping:
> /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b

> [server.logit-management-consulting.com]: localhost

Better use something better than "localhost",
a fully qualified hostname is best. DNS should work.

> bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
> bdb_db_open: Warning - No DB_CONFIG file found in directory
> /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data: (2)
> Expect poor performance for suffix dc=localhost.
> bdb(dc=localhost): architecture lacks fast mutexes: applications cannot be
> threaded
> bdb(dc=localhost): architecture lacks fast mutexes: applications cannot be
> threaded
> bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: Invalid argument (22)
> backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (22)
> slapd stopped.
> connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.
>

> The "attr"-Errors are irrelevant..the problem is obviously the bdb.
> Now i dont know continuing. I searched the web but without success.
> My suspicion: Problems with the 64bit architecture. But I dont know how to
> solve...

On my powerpc, I removed the optimisation compiler flags from db
and recompiled it (and depending packages, like imapd and openldap).
It significantly helped: Before I have had a hung just at creating the
db_files, completeley unrelated to anything by db. Afterwards, it worked
fine.

--
www.kolab-konsortium.com  Professional Maintenance, Consultancy and Support.