System Requirements

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 7 12:32:02 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 02:15 schrieb Fabio Milano:
> I searched the website and archives but couldnt find an answer. What
> type of hardware configuration would Kolab2 need to support about a 50
> user environment, with a current LDAP already running. What about
> future scalability, what resources does Kolab2 require the most CPU,
> RAM etc...

It is hard to give a general recommendation.
For 50 users, any normal server hardware will be fine.
A regular modern server should cope with more than 10 times the load.
So you are save for the future.

We estimate about 2 Megabyte for currently connected user (imapd).
Note that users are not permanently online while reading email.
Most operations of the Kolab Server are bound to IO.