Few questions about Kolab

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Sep 16 16:45:10 CEST 2005

Jan-Oliver Wagner schrieb:
> Hello Filip,
>
> I can't answer all of your questions, but some ...
>
> On Friday 16 September 2005 01:08, Radu Filip wrote:
>
>>(1) Can Kolab work without involving e-mail at all?
>

> No, because calender entries, notes, etc. are in fact stored as emails.

this is not really true.
if you use for example Toltec Connector with Outlook, you just configure
the Connector, and user doesn't really know the information is stored as
emails in the IMAP server - unless the user configures to receive/send
post from/through the Kolab server (additionally).
If the user uses just Calendaring, Contacts, Tasks etc., we can say that
email is not involved.

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org