[UNSHARED] Folders appearing in Outlook with Toltec Connector

Henning Holtschneider henning at loca.net
Tue Sep 13 16:59:28 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 15:37, Uwe Gresshake wrote:
> After happy working with Kolab 2.0 and Outlook/Toltec connector over
> more than three month,
> some folders in Oulook are suddenly appearing as marked [UNSHARED].

We had the same problem on a couple of machines. On some installations, we
even had folder names like

[UNSHARED][UNSHARED][UNSHARED][UNSHARED]Foldername

after synchronizing a couple of times. The [UNSHARED] prefix kept duplicating
until the maximum folder name length on the server was reached, which
resulted in an IMAP error message.

The problem only occured on machines that we upgraded from Toltec Connector
1.x to 2.x. I haven't seen this problem on machines that ran Toltec Connector
2.x from the beginning. We have also been able to successfully upgrade from
Toltec 2.0 RCx to the 2.0 release version without glitches.

We were able to fix the problem on affected machines with these steps:

1. unmap the PST file on Outlook (Tools->Options->Toltec Connector tab)
2. delete the affected mailbox through the webadmin and wait for the mailbox
to be really deleted
3. re-create the mailbox on the server
4. re-map the PST file in Outlook

However, I can only confirm this with the 2.0 release version of Toltec. It
might not work with the release candidates. If I understood Joon Radley
correctly, there is a problem with the release candidates of Toltec if you
unmap and re-map the PST file or if you delete the mailbox on the server but
*not* both.

Regards,
Henning Holtschneider
--