OT - FTP Clients - was Failed kolab 2.01 install SOLVED

vincent at acheson.uk.com vincent at acheson.uk.com
Fri Oct 28 17:22:40 CEST 2005

Further to my last, all md5 sums checked out except for
openpkg-2.4.2-2.4.2.ix86-debian3.0-kolab.sh

With two different windows ftp clients (freshdownload and smartftp), both
configured correctly to recognise .sh files as binary not ASCII, I get the
same (incorrect) md5 checksum.

Apologies to all if this is too far OT, but does anybody know of any free as
in beer (or better) windows ftp clients which handle .sh files correctly?

Many thanks

Vincent

For whatever reason, this didn't work this time.....
>In the past we sometimes experienced problems with
>environments running download applications and/or proxies which try to
>be smart and fetch files whose filename ends with .sh or whose first few
>blocks of content look like text as ASCII downloads, possibly modifying
>any embedded newlines or tabs. These clever clogs destroy the binary
>content of the bootstrap and make it unusable.
- right on the money!

Logged in using freenx, re-downloaded using konqueror - and all is now
chugging away happily and should be done in time for breakfast ;-)

Thanks also for the tutorial about openpkg.

Vincent