personal opinion.....

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Fri Oct 28 01:04:50 CEST 2005

It sounds like the issue here, from a differing perspective, might be
something along the lines of:

1) dedicated "black box" for Kolab  vs.
2) Kolab coexisting on a machine that isn't dedicated to Kolab, and
already running various services (e.g. mail, Apache, etc.)

I'm wondering: why does this decision have to be either or? Why not
work on a more modular Kolab that can be plugged into existing
infrastructures while simultaneously maintaining the OpenPKG
solution? I see great benefits to both approaches, and think that by
working on two distributions Kolab would be catering to a larger set
of needs.