duplicating services

Henning Holtschneider henning at loca.net
Wed Oct 26 10:47:03 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 00:39, Joe Auty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The installation guide (http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/
> Kolab2_Installation_-_Source) says at the bottom:
>
> This starts all the kolab2 services, you should see amavisd, apache,
> clamav, imapd, kolab, openldap, openpkg, postfix, proftpd, sasl,
> spamassassin all start.
>
> Out of this list of services, I'm already running everything but
> kolab and openpkg. Is there a way for Kolab to utilize these already
> running services, or does this simply go counter to Kolab's design?

There is currently no way to use any of the services available outside the
Kolab environment. The Kolab server is designed as a self-contained system
(that's why it's using OpenPKG on top of your distribution which already uses
RPM et.al.) to make it portable among as many Linux distributions as
possible.

Regards,
Henning Holtschneider
--