FreeBSD status

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Mon Oct 24 07:57:12 CEST 2005

On Oct 23, 2005, at 11:39 PM, Martin Konold wrote:

> Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2005 06:20 schrieb Joe Auty:
>
> Hi,
>

>> What is the status in getting Kolab to install and run in FreeBSD? Is
>> there a guide available?
>>

> FreeBSD works well for Kolab as we have some large installations
> running on
> FreeBSD. Just follow the generic installation instructions on how
> to install
> from source. Please also have a look at wiki.kolab.org.

Cool!

Is there anyway to setup the Kolab install script to not install
packages that have already been installed? I really don't want to
reinvent the wheel here if I have to. Is this why some users install
Kolab within a Jail? Is there a guide available for doing this, or
anything useful that can be suggested for me?

Thanks in advance!

Joe Auty
NetMusician: helping musicians exploit new communication mediums
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org