Toltec Connector: wrong synchronization of deleted folders?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Mon Oct 17 11:28:13 CEST 2005

Uwe Gresshake schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> we discovered the following problem when using kolab 2 with more than
> one outlook client (toltec connector 2.0.5) accessing the same mailbox
> folders on a kolab server:
>
> Some users access their kolab 2 mailboxes with two outlook clients (e.g.
> they use their workstation at work and their notebook at home).
> First let's assume both clients are fully synchroniszed with the server,
> the notebook is connected to kolab, the workstation is offline.
> If I delete a non empty mail folder in Outlook (notebook), this folder
> and all the mails in it are also deleted on the kolab server after
> sychonization. Until this point all is OK.
> Then I start Outlook on the workstation and watch what is happening with
> the previously server deleted Outlook folder on the workstation.
> I would expect that this folder is also deleted in Outllook on the
> workstation but this does not happen. Instead Outlook on the workstation
> copies the folder and the mails back in it to the kolab server. It
> synchronizes in the wrong direction.
> For me it seems, that Outlook / Toltec connector does not always
> recognizes that server events are more actual than local events.
>
> How could this happen and how could I avoid this? Does anybody made same
> or similar experiences?

IMHO there is no easy solution to that, other than not using 2 clients
with the same credentials at the same time.

Maybe increasing the "sync" time to one minute in Toltec Connector
settings would help, but not always.

This is similar to the situation when you use the same credentials on
many workstations with Samba, and use roaming profiles: in the end, you
will never know which workstation will upload a profile, delete old
files, etc.

The situation with Toltec Connector is similar here.

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org