kolabconf warnings

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Oct 13 23:51:00 CEST 2005

> It at least is strange, so you should investigate it.
> Are you sure that you have stopped the Kolab Server
> before the critcial operations?

Hmm, I think I stopped all services of beta kolab before starting the update.

> If slapcat turns out the configuration variables
> then kolabconf should see them.
> The warning would mean that there are configuration variables
> in the templates that kolabconf cannot fill because it did
> not see them in the ldap.

I dont understand "did not see them"?
What happens when kolabconf runs?
Can I stop all services but openldap, delete the 4 config keys and run
kolabconf again? If I change the content of the keys now via admin web
interface they are filled into ldap without problems!?

When looking into the different logs everthing looks fine. A message
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_smtpdpolicy[22996]: LDAP Connection error during
LOOKUPUID: Unexpected EOF. trying to reconnect
appears from time to time in groups in the syslog but this is running stuff.
My problems are only start-up warning.

> I think they will be replaced with nothing, so for the four variables
> you have mentioned, this might not cause practical problems,
> something else might be wrong though.

These four variables are the only one in the warning message. For me this
looks like kolabconf tries to solve a problem that is already solved(?)

Bye

  Thorsten