Kmail + Kolab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Thu Oct 13 21:26:37 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2005 17:31 schrieb Sven Richter:
> i installed kolab 2.01 from the debian rpms on
> an actual kubuntu breezy release.

The Kolab Server I presume?
("Kolab" means a fully solution with a Server implementation
in place and a Kolab client.)

> Everything went fine, i was able to start
> the server and its services, i was able
> to add a user.
>
> Then i started kolabwizard on the same computer,
> and entered the information.
> So far so good, then i started KMail.

You need to start "kontact" which will act as KDE Kolab client
and use KMail as a part.

> Checked the Unhide Options like it was said in
> the client documentation.
> I fetched the mail and i got the folders Calendar,... .
>
> And when i add a new user in the kolab resource
> i get a Mail in my new contact Folder with the
> following content:
>
> This is a Kolab Groupware object.
> To view this object you will need an email client that can understand the
> Kolab Groupware format.
> For a list of such email clients please visit
> http://www.kolab.org/kolab2-clients.html
>
> and a kolab.xml file attached.
>
> Can somebody tell me where the problem is?

Which version of the KDE Kolab client are you trying?
It also might be that the kolabwizard did not completely configure
the account because it already had some configuration set.
If you can, try starting with e fresh .kde for the user.

In addition, see if Kontact->configuration -> Mail -> Misc -> Workgroups
has it activated okay.