Using calendars while working with groups

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Oct 4 21:19:08 CEST 2005

Hi Michael,

Am Montag, 3. Oktober 2005 15:28 schrieb Michael Stucki:
> thanks for your reply. However I am still curios about some details:

sure. :)

> > Am Montag, 26. September 2005 12:19 schrieb Michael Stucki:
> > You can easily have a group calendar in the group account and only
> > create the appointments in there that are appointments for the whole
> > group.
>
> This could make sense for booking resources like cars or meeting rooms,

actually for booking resources I would recommend a resource account that
automatically will confirm the "request" if there is not conflict. :)

> but
> as I understand it, this will not work for managing a project list that
> holds tasks for more than only one person in the same agenda.
>
> Is it somehow possible to store a task list so that everybody can view it
> and then assign some of these tasks to different people? How is this
> possible?

You can have a task subfolder in a goup account (or any other account).
Assigning task by email will only work with clients that understand this part
of iCalendar. Within people that can all read this task folder, you could
easily have a convention in the title that would assign these tasks for
everybody to see.

Bernhard