Using calendars while working with groups

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Mon Oct 3 15:28:25 CEST 2005

Hi Bernhard,

thanks for your reply. However I am still curios about some details:

> Am Montag, 26. September 2005 12:19 schrieb Michael Stucki:
>> I'm setting up a Kolab server and wonder how other users deal with group
>> accounts and calendars?
>>
>> Do you
>> - store all entries in the users account and therefore send a copy to
>> each
>>   participant?
>> - or do you store them centrally in a group account?
>
> it depends on the planned usage.
> You can easily have a group calendar in the group account and only
> create the appointments in there that are appointments for the whole
> group.

This could make sense for booking resources like cars or meeting rooms, but
as I understand it, this will not work for managing a project list that
holds tasks for more than only one person in the same agenda.

Is it somehow possible to store a task list so that everybody can view it
and then assign some of these tasks to different people? How is this
possible?

Thanks for any hints!
- michael