Kolab Client proko2 RPM packages

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Mon Nov 28 11:20:55 CET 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 08:58, T. Ribbrock wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 10:55:35PM +0100, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 22. November 2005 20:55 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> > KDE 3.5RC1 is much more uptodate compared to the outdated Proko2. Imho we
> > should not advertise the deployment of Proko2 for new installations anymore.
>
> I was wondering about that, actually. The biggest problem with the
> Proko2 client (which *is* the one advertised on the Kolab site, isn't
> it?) is that you cannot easily install it on a workstation. I have yet
> to find a way to install it in parallel with the distro's client. For
> our workstatations, we have an automated install - integrating the extra
> client (which - unless I've missed something) tends to overwrite
> RPM-based system files and hence messes up the RPM system) would mean
> major hassle. Therefore, I have a strong preference for the client that
> is included in and supported by the distro.

We have prepared Packages for Debian 3.1 and SUSE 9.1P.
For RPM based systems, you may have a look into the src rpms
of SUSE 9.1P. Maybe it helps a bit to create RPM for your distribution.
You will find at the ftp mirrors of Kolab.

	Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de
Kolab Konsortium : www.kolab-konsortium.de | Thuban    : thuban.intevation.org