Send messages to shared folders

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Sat Nov 26 19:31:11 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 26. November 2005 16:31 schrieb Jose Figueras:

> How can I send e-mail messages to kolab shared folders?

You can't - this is a bug in Kolab 2.01, but there is an easy fix (see below).

>    kolab+shared.d.tecnico at mydomain.tld

This is the address to use. But I'm not sure if dots are allowed in shared
folder names. If the name of your shared folder would be "d_tecnico" you had
to use: "kolab+shared.d_tecnico at mydomain.tld"

There are two ways to fix the shared folder bug:

a) Add the attribute "mail=kolab at mydomain.tld" to the LDAP entry:
"cn=admin,cn=internal,dc=mydomain,dc=tld".

b) Add a local recipient map to the postfix configuration:

1. Change the line
    local_recipient_maps = $virtual_maps
    local_recipient_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/local
in main.cf.template.

2. Create file "/kolab/etc/postfix/local" with a "kolab at ..." entry.
3. Create the new map with the "postmap" utility.
4. Reconfigure kolab with "kolabconf"

The first way is a quick fix but you should remember to delete the "mail"
attribute again before you update Kolab - otherwise the update may fail as it
could try to set this entry.

The second way is the safe way because you only touch Kolab config files and
no internals.

Greets,
Alex