reconfiguration

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Nov 22 22:07:33 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 19. November 2005 15:51 schrieb Martin Konold:
> Am Freitag, 18. November 2005 21:00 schrieb Realos:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I have set up the kolab server but need to change settings that are
> > entered during the initial installation process, i.e. after
> > "kolab_bootstrap -b".
> >
> > Can I safely re-run that command or is there some other mechanism to
> > reconfigure original settingg. For example, I like to change maildomain
> > etc...
>
> You can rerun the "kolab_bootstrap -b" and set another maildomain but your
> old user data will become inaccessable to the users.
>
> So if user data and account data is no issue you may simply rerun the
> bootstrapping.

Depending on which settings you want to change,
you can change the k=kolab object in the ldap
or the kolab.conf kolab.global files.
Thus you can keep your users' data.
One nice method to do this, is just run kolab_bootstrap -b on a different
unrelated server and then compare the results of that freshly dummy Kolab
Server with the one you want to change.

Bernhard