How to allow mydomain mail from another mailserver?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Nov 22 21:10:41 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2005 00:04 schrieb Kevin Baker:
> --- Kevin Baker <kevbaker at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > They have a number of employees that send company mail
> > through other mailservers. This includes a few fax machines
> > that just can not use the kolab server for outgoing mail
> > do to auth.
>
> These users are setting their reply to with their company
> email address. This email address is hosted on their main
> kolab mail server. Because kolab thinks it "owns" the
> domain and doesn't trust the outgoing mail server they are
> using, it blocks the mail.
>
> > I have added the servers to the kolab hosts and added the
> > ips of hte servers to trusted networks.

Only add servers to the Kolab Hosts, if they are Kolab Slave Servers.
To send email without SMTP auth, adding the servers to the trusted networks
should be sufficient.

> > This did not work.
> >
> > What is the best way to tackle this? I am fine digging
> > around the postfix main.cf or spamassin cf files if this
> > is
> > necessary.

Chech the logs about why the emails did not arrive,
note that Kolab usually wants to have correct envelope and header froms.
Note that this is different to the reply-to which can be set to anything.
If you feel this could be the problem: Try to disable the header from checks
to see if this makes a difference.