mailman integration problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Nov 22 12:00:05 CET 2005

Am Montag, 14. November 2005 05:44 schrieb Thomas Spuhler:
> On Sunday 13 November 2005 09:45 am, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 17:12 schrieb Thomas Spuhler:

> > > Also I had to restart the process a few times.

What where the error messages?
Usually this are OpenPKG problems and they love to get reports about it.
Note that they are up to OpenPKG 2.5 now and then started to have tentative
Mandrive 10.2 support.

> > > This isn't a very
> > > efficient process as such things as bash, apache, gcc etc are
> > > recompiled. All packages which are already in the distribution.

Actually it is a good idea, if you want to have a controlled environment.

> > > Also gcc3 being installed besides gcc4 will screw up my system?
> >
> > No, it will explicitiyl not srew up your system. Please have a look at
> > http://www.openpkg.org/doc/handbook/openpkg.html which will provice a lot
> > of insight.
>
> Maybe. I do not have gcc3.x installed but gcc4.x
> I get errors that openpkg .2... is missing. It seems this doesn't get
> compiled?

What is the precise message?
If you have it, also look it up with OpenPKG.

Bernhard