Palm Sync oddities

T. Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Tue Nov 15 14:09:51 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether this is a kolab specific problem or more a SuSE/KDE
problem, but I'll try it here for starters...

In the course of our evaluation, I'm currently experimenting with
syncing a Palm (IIIxe serial and m515 USB) to kontact/kolab. Most tests
were succesful, however, there are a couple of oddities:

- If I delete an appointment on the Palm, it gets re-created after a sync
  (instead of the version in kolab being deleted). kpilot is currently set
  to "HotSync" and "ask user if conflicts". The other way round
  (deleting in kontact deletes Palm version) works fine, as does two-way
  creation.

- If I change an appointment/to-do on the Palm (e.g. change the end date
  of a recurring event, add a note or suchlike), it will show up as a
  *new* appointment in kontact after the next sync. Also, the original
  version will additionally show up on the Palm after the sync.

Anybody out there who can shed some light on this?

Versions:
- kolab 2.0.1 (unpatched so far) on SuSE 9.3
- kontact 1.1.2 (SuSE 10.0/KDE 3.4.2 Level "b")
- kmail 1.8.2 (SuSE 10.0/KDE 3.4.2 Level "b")
- korganizer 3.4.2 (SuSE 10.0/KDE 3.4.2 Level "b")
- kpilot 4.5.4 (SuSE 10.0/KDE 3.4.2 Level "b")

Cheerio,

Thomas