Yet another install problem - user(s) related?

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Nov 9 10:37:02 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 22:36 pm, Martin Konold wrote:
> > OK, did that, but I get errors relating to not having the kolab user,  as
> > shown below. No additional users are created.
>
> You can easily check with "grep kolab /etc/passwd"
Yes, I've being doing that.

> > $ sudo sh ./obmtool kolab
>
> Please try with a real root login shell instead of sudo.
That almost did it - I had to blow away the whole /kolab directory to get it
to the the user creation. Fortunately it is a pretty fast box :-)

> > su: user kolab does not exist
>
> Is there any reason why OpenPKG cannot create the users and groups in your
> setup?
No, but there is a reason why openpkg has other problems - CentOS 4.2 defaults
to SELinux, with enforcing turned on. That causes problems with at least the
LDAP server.

I've turned off SELinux, and with a resbuild as root, it now appears to be
working fine. Thanks.

I've updated the wiki page with some hints.

Brad