Would this be possible with Kolab?

lucy at tettekop.com lucy at tettekop.com
Sat Nov 5 14:55:12 CET 2005

Hi,

I set up the Kolab server as intranet server, i mean its running a non valid domain (intranet.lan) and it can't
connect to the internet cause i set up the router n ip addresses that way.
I set up 4 mailboxes  lets say user1 at intranet.lan  , user2 at intranet.lan , ...
I use outlook 2003 to connect using the toltec connector, i can send receive mails, share calendars, ...
I set up the freebusy on a samba share and when i schedule a message i can see the other accounts freebusy.
So everything works well.

But my question is , would it be possible to setup kolab in a way that each internal mailbox
(user1 at intranet.lan) gets external mail from a specific real pop3 server mailbox (user1 at provider.be) , and
that all mail sent from an internal mailbox to the outside world gets mapped to the providers smpt server ?

So that if user1 at intranet sends to an external email address , it gets forwarded to the providers smpt server with sender user1 at privoder.be
And the other way around if external  mail arrives at the pop3 for user1 at provider.be it goes to the Inbox of user1 at intranet.lan ?
It doesn't matter if there is couple of minutes delay for all external email , since the internal mail will be delivered
immediatly...
I was thinkin of writing a script that reads the external mail, but i don't think its gonna be possible to read or send to the imap from within a script, is it ?

Thanks ,
Lucy.