kolab problems

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Nov 3 07:41:29 CET 2005

Am Dienstag 01 November 2005 01:47 schrieb lucy at tettekop.com:

Hi Lucy,

> I reinstalled LE2005 from scratch again,

What is LE2005?

> but i saw GPM rpm exited with an error
> so i opened /tmp/obmtool_gpm... in another console
> and i saw it tries to build for x84_64
> i do have an AMD64 3500+ processor in the system

This is a known problem with Kolab. We currently don't support X86_64. I
assume that gpm tries to be a little too smart and wants to autodetect the
CPU.

> but i installed the regular i586 mandriva version
> could this cause the problem ?

No, this was fine.

> can i override the cpu detection somehow maybe?

Yes, you can override it if you build gpm manually.

Though it is easiest if someone running the same OS simply provides you a
binary package created on a i386 platform.

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/