Kolab install Problems

Zain Gora it at biddulphs.co.za
Tue May 31 13:47:33 CEST 2005

Dear Sir/Madam

i have fedora 3 on my pc and i am trying to install kolab 2, but i am having problems installing it.
1> i am logged in as user [zain at localhost.kolab] not as  root and cannot mount the cd rom, in fact i have a cd writer i would not know if it makes a difference in command.
2>when i give it a mount command : mount cdrom , it come with an error cant find cdrom in  /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab, so i cannot copy files. i went into fedora and copied the files from cd onto a file i created as kolab.
3>i go to the terminal screen and it auto comes up with [zain at localhost] , i then cd to kolab that i created [zain at localhost kolab]  and run the sh ./obmtool kolab command and come up with the following errors

[zain at localhost kolab]$ ./obmtool kolab
----boot/build localhost.localdomain %kolab----
mkdir : cannot create directory '/kolab' : permission denied
obmtool : warning : directory "/kolab/rpm/src" does not exist after attempt to create it.
obmtool : warning : directory "/kolab/rpm/src" not writable
rm : cannot remove 'kolab/rpm/src/.writetest' : no such file or directory

4>you get the same error with "/kolab/pkg/src" and "/kolab/tmp/src"

I hope someone can help me with this issues, it will make my christmas come early,if you need any more info dont hesitate.

Thanks
ZigZag

Biddulphs Removals & Storage
IT Department