Toltec connector and exceptions to recurring events

Helge Hess helge.hess at opengroupware.org
Tue May 31 00:15:48 CEST 2005

On 30. Mai 2005, at 01:23 Uhr, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> However, what kontact doesn't support is to change just one single
> occurence
> of a recurring sequence. RFC 2445 says that this is done by having
> an event
> with the same UID, but a different RECURRENCE-ID, which specifies the
> date/time of that one occurence. You can then change any field of
> the event,
> but it will still belong to the original event.

OK. But is this relevant for Outlook, that is, does Outlook actually
support such a setup?

This was my real question, which Outlook recurrence setup is not
supported by Kontact?

Greets,
   Helge

PS: IMHO the uid/recurrence-id is quite important in the real world
(and btw explicitly mentioned/supported in CalDAV). Maybe you can
somehow workaround using the CalDAV approach (storing multiple
vevents in memory under a single uid)?
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/
OpenGroupware.org