help installing Kolab [auf Viren überprüft]

Hans Moser hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Fri May 27 08:31:46 CEST 2005

Marco Weber schrieb das Folgende am 26.05.2005 18:24:

> Note: I use debian, but I suppose it will work the same way on fedora.
So you take this source files and not the Debian compiled version used
by Marco:
http://www.fruitsalad.org/kolab/server/beta/kolab-server-2.0-rc-1/sources/

> Apparently I started of reading the docs like:
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Binary
Because you build from source, you better read this:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Source

> Then I installed the openpkg environment (as root do)
This ist completely unnecessary!
As you see in the source directory, there are obmtool and
openpkg-2.2.2-2.2.2.src.sh included, which compiles itself. There has to
be a compiler available and some other dependancies fulfilled, but no
extra openPKG.
Just follow the installation WIKI (see above).

> now for the kolab installation
> mkdir /tmp/kolab
>
> # download the ~150M - here's the latest release of kolab
See above.

> # now that all files are downloaded, let's install
See WIKI.

Hans