Unable to send messages from Kolab 2

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Tue May 24 12:10:40 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 10:16, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 24. Mai 2005 03:32 schrieb John C. Wilson:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I have Kolab 2 running on Fedora Core 3.  Everything seems to run fine.
> > I can use Outlook to connect to the server, I can send e-mails to users
> > of Kolab from external e-mail accounts.
>
> Good! This means that the SMTP server and the IMAP server are working.
>
> > I cannot send out e-mails from within
> > Kolab, to either external users or internal users.  Some help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> This pretty much depends on your network setup.
>
> Please check your web admin gui (using the manager account)
>
> 	https://mail/admin/service/
>
> Maybe you have forgotten to define a smarthost?
>
> Regards,
> -- martin

It could also be an authentication problem, did you try and put your network
into Privileged Networks in the GUI (or mynetworks in postfix conf)? This
will allow that network to send email without authentication. eg you could
add 192.168.1.0/24 to allow any ip in 192.168.1.x to send.
Hope that helps,