KDE3.4 Kontact 1.1 Outlook Replacment?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 18 22:13:57 CEST 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 08:58, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 22:25 schrieb Michael Mikowski:

> > So, now I want to use Kontact as delivered in KDE3.4
> > as a full Outlook client.  How probable is this?  What
> > would we have to sacrifice?  Any suggestions would be
> > welcome.
>
> To my knowledge some limitations apply when using Kontact with MS Exchange.

The alternative is to set up a small Kolab Server for the workgroup
and have Kontact work as Outlook replacement, but saving the
emails on the Kolab-Server.

What you can do:
	Invite and get invited by exchange/outlook users.
        Maybe you even get fblist to work if you provide
        a space form them.

What you cannot do:
       Work on folders that you share between several accounts
       from both worlds.