postfix sending to wrong address

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue May 17 07:41:59 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 16:45 schrieb Aharon Schkolnik:

Hi,

> I am trying to set up kolab on a server using a private address -
> 172.16.254.254

This is no problem. Private address space is supported.

> echo test | mail -v aharon at it-1.devops.kayote.com
>
> it changes the
> MAIL From: and RCPT To:  headers to  premium.geo.yahoo.akadns.net

I assume your DNS system, nss or /etc/host is setup incorrectly.

> What am I doing wrong ??

What is the result of "hostname -f"?

What do you get with "dig -x 172.16.254.254"?

What is the result of telnet/ssh to 172.16.254.254?

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany