[Kolab-users] kolab_bootstrap on debian.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 13 16:59:07 CEST 2005

On Monday 02 May 2005 18:46, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 10:53:23AM +0200, Markus Fritsche wrote:
> > I installed kolab from sources on a minimal debian system (only
> > openssl-dev and libldap-dev installed additionally to the minimal setup
> > with ssh).

Note: you do not need openssl-dev or libldap-dev on Debian 3.1
The requirements

http://www.openpkg.org/doc/handbook/openpkg.html#bstrap-sfware
http://www.openpkg.org/doc/handbook/openpkg.html#bstrap-subtlefail
      Installation of OpenPKG on Debian Linux will fail unless GNU gettext and libpam0g-dev are installed.

> > When I'm starting host106:/tmp/kolabtemp#
> > /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b the slapd doesn't start:
> >
> > [...]
> > ------------------
> > Enter fully qualified hostname of slave kolab server e.g.
> > thishost.domain.tld [empty when done]:
> > prepare LDAP database...
> > temporarily starting slapd
> > Waiting for OpenLDAP to start
> > could not connect ldap server ldap://127.0.0.1:389/ at
> > /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 415.
>
> I can reproduce this now on a Debian Sarge not-so-minimal.

We found out that this isa the libdb4.3 link problem.
Say ldd on /kolab/libexec/openldap/slapd
and see if this links to libdb4.3?
Try removing the libdb4.3  packages from your Debian
system before compiling the Kolab Server sources.