OpenLDAP performance issues

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon May 9 16:50:42 CEST 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 11:01, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
> Hi,
> I did some performance testing, sending 5000 mails in approx. 60 minutes,
> while delivering this mails took approx. 68 minutes. I found two
> bottlenecks, one is amavis the other OpenLDAP. This are the number of
> OpenLDAP operations and connections

> The surplus of 1,734 connections and operations are leftovers from a
> previous small test.
> By adding a DB_CONFIG[1] file to /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data and
> adding 'idlecachesize 3000' to slapd.conf performance of slapd could
> be increased.

We already have DB_CONFIG file in the upcoming server release.
It does not contain idecachesize, though.
Steffen: What about adding this setting also?

> An anonymous bind of nobody would reduce the number of searches, as
> each bind requires two search operations.
> I just wonder which client is not unbinding cleanly from slapd.

If I remember correctly nobody was done for apache,
though that does not answer the question.

Dieter: As you have a lot  of experience with openldap,
do you have any advise about issue707?

Bernhard