Login fails after upgrade to Beta4 from Beta3 [SOLVED]

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 19:58:34 CEST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 17:49, Hamish wrote:
> On Thursday 31 March 2005 15:48, Hamish wrote:
> > >
> > > This is me trying to log in (according to saslauthd.log)
> > >
> > > Mar 31 15:43:49 post <debug> saslauthd[9983]: Authentication failed for
> > > hamish/mydomain.com: Bind to ldap server failed (invalid user/password
> > > or insufficient access) (-7)
> > > Mar 31 15:43:49 post <info> saslauthd[9983]: do_auth         : auth
> > > failure: [user=hamish] [service=imap] [realm=mydomain.com] [mech=ldap]
> > > [reason=Unknown]
> > >
> > > This block is repeated a lot, i have trimmed it as this is the only
> > > information it seems to contain. I have changed my domain to
> > > mydomain.com, the rest is unaltered.
> >
> > This also repeats every so often :
> > Mar 31 15:48:15 post <debug> saslauthd[9984]: ldap_simple_bind() failed
> > -1 (Can't contact LDAP server).
> > Mar 31 15:48:15 post <info> saslauthd[9984]: Retrying authentication
> > I dont know if it is connected, but other users can login / search ldap
> > addressbook fine.
>
> I am panicking now, please if anyone has any idea, no matter how unlikely,
> please let me know! I have reached the end of my guesses with no success -
> i do not want this to happen to all users in the morning!
> Thanks,

This was a horde problem - although I used the recent horde from cvs, it seems
that the preferences mess up kolab. If anyone is interested, I fixed this by
removing all non-kolab ldap attributes (export ldif from gq, remove lines,
import) ldapsearch did not show the horde pref attributes, but gq did, not
sure why.
Cheers,