Login fails after upgrade to Beta4 from Beta3

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 13:23:47 CEST 2005

Hi everyone
I have a problem of not being able to log in to kolab via imap after upgrading
to Beta4 (login to webgui works fine)
in imapd/log/misc.log i get:
(with ssl)
badlogin: myhost.mydomain.local.net [my.ip.add.xx] plain [SASL(-16):
encryption needed to use mechanism: security flags do not match required]
(without ssl)
badlogin: myhost.mydomain.local.net [my.ip.add.xx] plaintext me at mydomain.com
SASL(-13): authentication failure: checkpass failed

Background:
To upgrade, I downloaded:
kolabd-1.9.4-20050318
kolab-webadmin-0.4.0-20050318
kolab-resource-handlers-0.3.9-20050318
perl-kolab-5.8.5-20050318
and ran sh ./obmtool kolab

I then ran
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap stop
/kolab/sbin/slapindex
/kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap start

I am one of the horde "Test Group" - i know there were some problems with
changing password etc, so maybe this is a horde thing? (I also cannot log in
to horde)

Since then I have not been able to log in with my mail client (thunderbird on
windows) although i can log in to the web interface, and watching the logs,
it seems my mail is delivered.

Can anyone see any mistake i have made?

Thanks,