password not accepted

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 30 12:45:02 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 03:01, Jim Philips wrote:
> I am using Kolab 2 beta 4. I ran kolabwizard and then fired up Kontact.
> When I tell it to check mail from the Kolab server, it asks for my user
> name and password. I enter the username that I use to Log into Kolab and
> the password. Then I immediately get an authentication failure. This is the
> same username and password that work fine when I log in to the Web
> interface. So, what else is it expecting?

When you can log into the webinterface, it means that ldap works.
When you get email, then cryrus imapd might not work nicely.
Check if you can log into imap directly (without kmail),
e.g. see http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/raw-howtos/speaking-imap-for-debugging.txt)
Some people used a different maildomain for imap and ldap
and got this problem.

The imapd log might also help you to diagnose the problem.