Kolab and Fax

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 30 12:42:06 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 12:03, Matt Douhan wrote:
> On Wed March 30 2005 10:54, Georg Lerch wrote:
> > has anyone here made expierences with sending faxes via kolab ?
> >
> > As far as I know the is a fax entry in the ldap adressbook. it could be
> > used to send a fax to a person as well it could be used to recieve a fax,
> > transform it to an attachment and mail it to the kolab user.

Kolab is orthogonal to the fax solution, except that it offers
the data via ldap. So it will be possible to integrate a number of fax solutions.
E.g. the one from Gosa.

> Yes, we have a setup that allows a user to recieve faxes that are converted
> into emails, our solution is based on a commercial product though

Hey, Kolab is also a commercial product. :-)
(Couldn't resist. .
 http://intevation.de/%7Ejan/infos/dont_oppose_commercial_and_free_software.en.html)

Bernhard